Best/Worst concert

It started with a cloudy afternoon and the drizzles turned into rain as we left for Bukit Jalil. It was a rain or shine event. Not that we'd miss it if it starts raining. Not like how we were forced to leave when it rained during the starlight cinema the previous year. No. We were ready to be soaked, even if it takes us the whole evening.

I'd say we started off quite early as it was stated that the gate will only open at 6pm. I think you'd agree with me that reaching the designated place at 430pm is awfully early. What do 3 girls do when they have 3 hours at hand? Take self-portrait pictures! Of course they're not that selfish, they took pictures of their surroundings too (Just that you can't see only).

The gate finally opened around 730, and there was another hour of waiting for it to start, totaling to 4 hours of waiting. Just doing nothing. There weren't any entertainers either. Our drama started; when we were up front. We got to stand quite near the front of the common area, since we were early. The common area is around (I don't know?) 5 meters behind the VIP area. Barriers were used to separate the VIP and common area.

And so, there we were, probably at the 3rd row, minding our business. As time pass, the crowd got rowdier, a LOT of people were really pushing and there wasn't any room for air. All hell broke loose when the first act started. It was only One Buck Short. I can't believe this was happening. The crowd pushed until we were crushed to the railing / barrier where we were standing beside. The railing broke free and bent over. The security guys were shouting not to push. We really could not take it anymore and started pushing our way back.

Try picturing standing amidst a crowd where you don't have any room to move. Waves of claustaphobic overcame me for a moment, until we managed to reach behind where the crowd was thinner. Never felt so free in my life.

Was disappointed that I have to go through all that. We walked away, exiting the concert. Managed to eat all we want outside where the hawker stalls were. Sat on the sidewalk and watched from afar where the wind gently blew. After a while we decided to go back in. Don't know how, but we ended up in the VIP area! Thanks to the rowdy crowd, we landed here. How cool is that? I get to actually see their faces close enough. After all, it wasn't so much for the concert. I enjoyed the company I had. I've had much fun.

For those who did not have the patience to read this through, here's what I experienced in pictures.






























I gotta say, Utt is gorgeous.

0 Response to "Best/Worst concert"