The thing we do

AS I was walking up the street, a thought struck me when I noticed something about all the pedestrians. Something very normal and is done all the time. But finding it odd and strangely weird when examined upon. That is, the swinging of hands while walking. Maybe it's just me. But I have to ask. Why do we do that? Does it helps us walk faster? Keep our balance? Look nicer? It's also possible to walk without swinging the hands, so it kinda means it's not necessary.

I came to a conclusion that we do it for the looks. Subconsciously, we're vain.

Haha. We all know I'm just kidding. Of course it's for the balance. Balancing the centre of our gravity. But it still looks weird.

1 Response to "The thing we do"

  1. Sarah Joy Says:

    you do know it makes us look cooler when we swing our hands.. and it does give one the idea of being in control and.. when you see someone swaying their hands (the right way) they look heaps confident-ish..
    hahaha...